Friday, July 29, 2016

Bread Dough Cinnamon Rolls



Even with the heatwave we have been enduring, I had a notion to bake bread this week.  I know, kind of weird, huh?  I started early before it got too hot and also turned the cooler on "high", lol.
I did bake several loaves of bread but decided to use one loaf's worth of dough to make cinnamon rolls.  Yeah, we dig our sweets.  

My No Knead Homemade Bread recipe is what I used for the rolls. 



After the initial rising, I rolled the dough out, spread butter on the dough and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.  I then rolled the dough up long-wise and sliced into individual rolls (about one inch in thickness).  Place the rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan and allow to rise again.  Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes (or per your oven).  Allow to cool and then mix icing--I don't really measure my ingredients when I make the icing:(.

Confectioner's Sugar
Melted or softened butter
Small amount milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (that I do measure)

Mix by hand or with mixer till blended--add sugar or milk to desired consistency.  I make mine a bit thicker but you can make the icing thinner and "pour" it on versus spreading it on.









You can eat the rolls room temperature, warmed up with butter on them, with a cold glass of milk, or anyway you want!


Thanks for visiting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips