Thursday, February 2, 2017

Chocolate Chip Confectioners Cookies



If you visit our blog on occasion, then you know that my daughters and I have a bit of a sweet tooth.  We won't deny it.  Recently I "re-discovered" a recipe from sooooo many years ago.  It was featured in Woman's Day magazine in September 1983.  Wow, am I old.  The recipe was shared by two sisters, Lisa and Nancy who owned Mrs. Beasley's Bakery in California. I did find a Facebook page for Mrs. Beasley's Bakery but they only have two locations in Southern California. That's all the info I have.  Anyway, I tore the page out of the magazine and made the cookies over the years.  Then for whatever reason, I didn't make it for YEARS.  The page is well-worn and has grease (butter) spots on it.  The cookies are delicious, though!

I sent some to work with my husband (he works for UPS) and he texted me that the cookies didn't last over a few minutes.  He said one of the drivers told him, "Those are the BEST cookies I have ever had!"  Well, we think they are pretty good.


Chocolate Chip Confectioners Cookies

2 cups butter (I use 4 sticks, salted)
2 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
One 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Let butter soften at room temperature.  Add butter and sugar to mixing bowl and cream together.  Add vanilla and salt, then add flour, a little at a time and mix together.  Stir in chocolate chips.  This dough will be stiff.

Shape dough in to balls (they always say one inch but you know, whatever works for you lol).  Place on ungreased cookie sheet and then flatten slightly with a fork (like you might do for peanut butter cookies).  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes (ovens heat differently) or until a light golden color appears on edges.  Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes, then move to cooling rack.  You can sprinkle with extra confectioners sugar when you first remove from oven if you like.

These are tasty and oh so buttery!  They hold up well and I can guarantee you that everyone will love them!




Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips