Sunday, April 3, 2016

Updated Quick Sew Blanket

It is almost time!  Staci and Jon's baby boy is due to arrive in May!  We can officially say he is due next month now:).  Of course, as his Grandma, I have to make him something handmade.  Some of you might have seen our MOST POPULAR post One Hour Receiving Blanket.  A good friend of mine made one of these blankets for Staci when she was born--we still have it and it is waiting to comfort a little girl down the road.  Anyway, Natalie told me how to make one and I have made a few over the years, even one for Ali.  These little blankets are quick to go together and easy enough for a beginner--they make cute baby shower gifts.

Here is the one I made for the new grandson:





Isn't this a cute flannel print?  I found this at Joann's Fabrics.


I also used jumbo rick rack (pinned in place before I sewed the edges).  I then went around the finished edge with a zigzag stitch.





Here is one I made last year:







The photo (L to R) above has the one I recently made, Staci's baby blanket, and one I made when Ali was a baby. 

So if you would like to see the tutorial for this easy blanket, follow the link to One Hour Receiving Blanket. Thanks for stopping by:) and happy sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips